Friday, April 5, 2013

What Irks Me Most... My SL Pet Peeves Meme...

Strawberry Singh is on a roll with her meme list - you can pick and choose the memes that you wish to join in with but there are a fair few up there already within the blogger challenges and memes section of her blog. Miss Singh seems to be one of SL's widely read bloggers, so it is no surprise to me that a fair few of the blogs I follow seem to be playing around with these memes... 
The latest meme is a good one... It's giving people from all over SL a chance to rant and get all the built up tensions off their chests about their SL Pet Peeves. I have skipped a few of these memes, but really this one is a chance to rant, and that seems like a good thing to do right now... 
I pulled up my magical laptop in my cute new outfit, grabbed myself a fancy latte in my new Schadenfreude cup and curled up to rant... Where to begin? 
My five SL Pet Peeves, in no particular order - they all bug me as much as each other; 
* Designers Charging for Demos - I know this might get me in trouble in some stores as it could be seen as 'they created it so they should be able to charge even if it's only a demo they are selling'. When I want to try something on that I love, just to see if it fits and I am expected to pay - even if it is just 1L - it will in some cases put me off. If I know that I will have to pay 300L for something, and can't even try it without paying for the privilege then I will more than likely walk away without trying it! Petty I know... 
People who DON'T Move from Landing Points - When I get to an event or store the first thing I always do is try to move over a little, even if I bump someone - who I will ALWAYS say sorry to by the way - I hate to block the arrival point, and it bugs me when you get into somewhere and end up flailing around like a fish out of water until that person moves... It's even worse if it happens in a no fly zone... PEOPLE MOVE FROM THE LANDING POINT!! 
* Groups you Pay to Join - I don't mind paying to join groups, I have done so for a few stores that I love, but when those stores promise you regular gifts for being a VIP group member, and then the gifts stop coming after a couple of months it does make me a little sad. OK granted you will often get gifts that mount up to much more in total than the joining fee will have set you back, but would you have joined if you weren't promised regular gifts, or would you have just slapped the subscribo?! There are some groups I would join to support the designer anyway, but others I might not have... I hope that doesn't make me sound ungrateful?!
* Begging - People that send you a mass TP to an event because they are Djing, or a texture that they sent to their entire friend-list or asking for money or wearing things that cry "Look-at-me"like the talking tummies... All of these are beggars crying out for attention, it gets a little bit grating to see at times. I mean OK I love people watching, but let me do it on my own terms, don't force me to pay you attention. Sure if you wanna be pregnant in SL, great go for it - but don't wear something that announces about it every 2 seconds. Sure if you wanna be a DJ and invite me to your events from time to time, great do so - but make it feel personal gesture not like something you're just sending to anyone you know!
* People Using Random Fonts in their Profiles - I am a profile perv and I LOVE to read a profile of anyone that I meet, but it irks me when people write in their profiles using random, and often difficult to read, fonts. People write some lovely things about others in crazy fonts that just make it almost impossible to read. I'd never tell another person what they should or shouldn't have in their profile, but if you're gonna spend time filling it in, why not make it so other people can read it easily?!
So those are my 5 SL Pet Peeves... I am sorry if I offended anyone, and there are always things that could replace these peeves, depending on the moment in which they occur, but please don't hate me for these peeves... If you fit into the one of them and are still someone I love talking to, remember that and don't abandon me because of them!!! I've put up with you this far LOL... 

What is she wearing; 
Hair: Magika - Rewind 
Skin: Sugar - Ink in Tone 3 Dark Brows 
Eyes: IKON - Horizon Eyes in Dark Verdigris 
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra 
Star Piercing: [annaA] - Pierced Chest Branding "Star" 
Necklace: Maxi Gossamer - Love Teddy Bear in Yellow 
Top: {le fil casse} - Gina Basic Dress in Organic 2 (Available now at the Perfect Wardrobe
Jeans: SLX - SLX Outfit: Baggy Jeans (Part of a complete outfit!) 
Feet: SLink - Jolie Pied 
Latte: Schadenfreude - Tako Teacup in Latte (Other items in the range on table in background!) 
Pose & Laptop: GLITTERATI - Laptop 1

2 comments:

  1. Random tp's are so difficult to deal with because it's coming from a "friend" on your list so it's hard to even say anything to them and sometimes not really appropriate to automatically remove them. It really puts you in an awkward situation and I really do wish people didn't do it. Oh well. Thanks so much for participating and for the kind words about my blog and memes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Rudh. I totally agree with your 5 pet peeves.. :)bye bye, Nic

    ReplyDelete