Friday, April 19, 2013

SL DisneyBound - Week 6

DISNEY! DISNEY! DISNEY! Yay!!! Yes that's right it's time for another SL DisneyBound look, and this week although fun to do I will admit that it was a bit of a toughy! Maybe Natalee too my challenge seriously when I said give us something challenging, but the problem wasn't that the character was obscure - she's far from it in fact seeing as she is the new Disney Princess - but it was more of a case of 'what the heck am I going to wear to represent her?!'
I dug a little deeper than normal, and then couldn't work out if her dress was green or blue or teal, it seems to vary depending on the lighting of the scene lol, but eventually I got to where I wanted her to be...
Bows and Arrows at the ready...
WEEK 6 - MERIDA (From Brave)!
The latest in a long line of Disney Princesses, this modern - albeit medieval - princess is as feisty as her fiery red hair may attest to - don't they say that red heads have a feisty temperament sometimes? I'm not sure I can say they do, as a RL redhead I don't think I have ever been that feisty?! I think that she is possibly the only Disney Princess that doesn't find love in the movie too... Bucking the trend of true love conquers all... BRILLIANT!
So my look for Merida took a little bit of figuring out... I didn't want to find a dress in the medieval style - first off I didn't have anything remotely similar in my warehouse wardrobe and secondly that might have been too easy. I remembered the gorgeous hippie style tie-dyed skirts I bought a while back from Death Row Designs and then somehow it seemed to just team itself together with the Grand-ma Sweater from Bounce, which I LOVE due to the over extended saggy sleeves... Who says we only need to wear Mesh these days? This is one of my favourite pieces that even after Mesh takes over I will not be getting rid of! The final thing I needed was the right location... I opened the destination guide and looked for a woodland, and Image Essentials came up. This place is created with photography in mind, and it was really interesting to see the different areas that will be useful for any upcoming photo-shoot... I think that I may well be using this place as a backdrop again!
Now I am excited about next week... EEEEH bring on the next character already I say!

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Hazel in Snow (Re-coloured by me)
Skin: Sugar - Ink in Tone 3 Dark Brows
Face Piercing: SHOCK - Kiss My Spikes in Zebra
Sweater: BOUNCE - Grand-ma's Sweater
Bow & Arrow: (BOW) KYP:OldSkool - Bow, AND, (ARROW) FLECHA - Sculpted Arrow
Skirt: Death Row Designs - Boho Skirt in Hippie Blue
Pose: Sparrowtree Studios - Sagittarius

No comments:

Post a Comment