Friday, January 28, 2011

Project Positivity

As I was browsing through a long list of blogs that have caught my attention thanks to the Colour Challenge, I noticed about something called Project Positivity.
This was something that had been started by Keira Seerose on the SL Style Directory so I popped on to the site for a little looksee…

The idea of Project Positivity was a simple one, (quoted directly from the SL Style Directory)
“Present an image which contains 10 (or more) things you like about yourself… These should be things you like about your real self, not your avatar counterpart.
A lot of people face problems with self esteem, especially online where its common for people to use virtual worlds like Secondlife as an escape from those issues… this is a challenging but really meaningful and potentially helpful thing to do, for everyone.”

I began working on this idea as I had been feeling rather low in my RL, and this could be just the kind of boost that I needed… All I needed to do was think of 10 things that I like about myself and it was at that moment I sat staring at the screen, having difficulty thinking of anything…
HOWEVER;
The Ten Things I Like About Me: 

I was going to use a RL picture, but have decided no I wont blind everyone LOL... South Park Character in my likeness it is then!!!!
1. The colour of my hair, its auburn… In the sunshine it glows like warm copper, I was once asked what brand of hair dye I used.
2. I am a plus-size girl… I don’t want to fit into the stereotypical you have to be skinny idea, I am fit and healthy, and I come with my own teddy bear padding! Rudh is my SL Barbie doll, her look isn’t what I wish I was like in RL, I am happy the way I am.
3. I have a group of friends and family that I would do anything for. In both my RL and my SL, I have a large family and group of friends that I would always be there for, even if we hadn’t talked in a long time, to see those people smile makes me happy and to know that they are there for me is the greatest feeling ever.
4. I am a history geek. In RL I have a degree in Archaeology, a passion for museums and a wardrobe containing period dress for when I step into my historical character roles.
5. I am brave. I take on whatever challenges life throws my way and not only do I get through them, I will come out fighting.
6. My hands. When I was little I used to bite my nails REALLY BADLY, now that I am older I have learnt not to bite them.
7. The fact that I am a big kid at heart. I still love watching Disney Movies, I still love my HUGE and ever expanding collection of plushies, I still love cuddles with my mum, and I will NEVER be ashamed to admit that.
8. My own company. As happy as I am being surrounded by friends and family, there are times when I love just being my myself.
9. My height. I am tall, it helps to see over crowds.
10. To laugh at myself. I laugh a lot, especially at myself and the things I do. Life shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

I’ll admit it took me a while to actually get a list of ten, this was a fairly hard task. Yet now I have done this though I have a mantra to go by whenever I need a boost of confidence in myself.
This has given an interesting glimpse of the RL me too… This is the Real Me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment