Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Rudhie de los Muertos

After Halloween comes the Day of the Dead - although I know the festival stretches from October 31st till November 2nd, so don't be mad at me for my statement LOL - the day that those of a Mexican culture celebrate the dead... Gone are the dark, depraved and scary of yesterday's Halloween events and in it's place are the bright Sugar Skulls, flowers and the burst of colour that marks a celebration of the lives that are being remembered!
Now I LOVE the dark and macabre events of Halloween but the inner rainbow freak is screaming for joy today as its all about colours...
I'd seen this photo location set up at my favourite spot for taking pictures in - the WHOLE WHEAT Landscaping & Creation location - and as soon as I remembered the date I was like a kid in a candy store dancing around there taking photos of myself in all kinds of Dia de los Muertos style poses!
Now I know that a lot of people focus on the Sugar Skulls when they think of the Day of the Dead, but for this once I've decided that flowers and skulls are the way to go! When I combined this amazing Southern Magnolia Wreath - from LODE who I feel make some of the best flowers in SL - with the cool but cute Human Skull Mask from PSYCHO.Byts - that you can grab at the Bloody Horror Fair until November 10th - I was a little excited, add to that the Halloween Group Gift Hair from Wasabi Pills and Rudh was a very very happy little dolly...
I mean she was happy anyway, being a Living Dead Dolly but today it's Dia de los Muertos and she's going to live it up rainbow style!!!

What is she wearing;
Hair Flowers: LODE - Southern Magnolia Wreath in Mix
Hair: Wasabi Pills - Tsuki Mesh Hair in Halloween Gift (FREE for Subscribers!)
Mask: {PSYCHO:Byts} - Human Skull Mask (Available until November 10th at Bloody Horror Fair 2016)
Skin: Glam Affair - Seya in Europa 2
Upper Necklace: League - Double Stranded Soft Pearl Necklace
Lower Necklace: (Nylon Outfitters) - Garden Lockets in Spring Mix
Tattoo: [White~Widow] - Spotlight in Black
Top: Blueberry - October (Current Group Gift)
Pose: Image Essentials - Swag Pose

No comments:

Post a Comment