Sunday, February 23, 2014

Genie in a Bottle LOL...

I received an item to blog this weekend from one of the stores that I blog for and it instantly got my creative juices flowing. The direction I went in was something a little different from my usual style too, and I love that sometimes just one little item can lead me into a whole new territory when it comes to playing with my wardrobe. PLUS, it also helped me to find a gift from a friend that I had totally forgotten I had... 
The item that started all of this was the awesome new pose prop from Captivity Co. Poses. Miss Amanda "Pinkie" Randall has created a pose prop called I am the Genie for this month's round of The Fantasy Collective and I knew as soon as I saw it I HAD to play with it... Then again I was also lucky when it came to the outfit of choice because Kinu - of SAKIDE, one of my all time go-to stores - was also active in the event and she pulled out all the stops to create this Arabian Diva outfit. Thank Goodness because who knows what I would have worn otherwise! It is kinda surprising how much I play dress up, and how low on anything genieish I am... Well was anyway! 
The item that I discovered, and that I had totally forgotten, had been a gift way back in time from one of the sweetest bloggers on the planet... Miss Eliza Quixote. I think this was a gift due to something to do with the colour challenge, and unfortunately this was the item that got the Christina Aguilera "Genie in a Bottle" song stuck in my head for the last few days, but how awesome is it finding something this cool buried in your hoard LOL! I am talking by the way about the skybox which is in fact a Dreamy Genie Bottle from Trompe Loeil... These were available in a couple of colours but the blue just screamed at me I remember and when I was offered something from this store THIS was the one thing that I had to have!!! A few pretty candles, some jewellery boxes and a magical staff that this genie stole from a passing wizard and voila, my Genie crash pad was complete hehe... 

What is she wearing;
Hair: Ploom - Lislie 
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item) 
Face Wounds: Little Pricks - Stapled Face Tattoo 
Outfit including Bracelets & Veil: SAKIDE - Arabian Diva Outfit in Wine (Available now at The Fantasy Collective
Tattoo: CoLLisions - Mab's Apprentice 
Pose Prop: Captivity Co. Poses - I am the Genie Pose Prop (Available now at The Fantasy Collective
Building: Trompe Loeil - Dreamy Genie Bottle in Blue 
Candles: Backwoods Mafia - Candles 
Doll Jewellery Box: MishMish - Nostalgia Jewelry Box in Pale Pink 
Coffin Jewellery Box: beach street - Coffin Jewellery Box 
Staff: Rowanwood - Elementalist Staff in Air (Available at the Fantasy Gacha Carnival

1 comment:

  1. what a fab pic Rudh, love how you brought all those things together to make such an inventive and spot on photo! <3 your pics as always doll!

    ReplyDelete