Thursday, April 10, 2014

An ImmateriA Kali sent to help the Noobies for Monday's Meme!

The Hindu Goddess Kali - according to Wikipedia - is the goddess of time and change, often linked to the God Shiva, God of death... She is associated with signs of empowerment and although dark and somewhat depraved in her depictions, the artwork containing her image is often very beautiful and powerful too...
The Kali Outfit that I am wearing in this post comes from the store ImmateriA, and was available for the Escape event, which sees it's first round close on April 9th. The fact that she is a Goddess of time and change seems very apt for an event with the title of Escape I thought, that as SL can be an escape for some people from their hectic RL's into a place they can relax or find happiness, so it kinda sorta ties in with Berry's Meme for the week...
Berry asks us about things that we say to advise the new members of SL... Things that we wish someone had told us when we first began... From what I have read since she posted it too there are so many amazing gems of information - some of which could be useful for ANYONE, not just the noobs!
Rudh's top tips for new residents then include;
* Be what you want to be, not what you think others want you to be - This is YOUR SL, if you want to wear fairy wings, kitty ears, a horse tail and mismatched colours, then do so... Take it from me, people will try to make you conform - they do with me and the wounds I wear on my face all the time - but remember this is your SL, your dolly and you can damn well dress it how you want to hehe...
* Remember there are REAL PEOPLE behind the avatars - Real people with real emotions... Each one will be different... This isn't computer programming. People will be complex and emotions will vary and you have to treat people with the same respect you would in your RL. If you come in planning to act like a horrible person that thinks being disrespectful is OK and that no one will get hurt, you won't find yourself making many friends!
* There is more to SL than sex - Sex in SL is often something that people enjoy - heck I was no angel and I did enjoy it - there is plenty of it out there if you want to find it, but there are so many other things that SL has to offer too... Places to explore, things to learn and people that lead some very interesting lives are out there you just have to roam SL's virtual hills and dales to find these things.
* Start Organising your inventory early - I did and boy do I feel pleased that I did, but even now I can find myself sitting there for hours putting things in the right places and nit-picking it... It means you can find anything without needing to remember a name for something, everything has a place and you know where to look... I have sub-folders within sub-folders within sub-folders, and people used to laugh at me but now whose laughing!!!
* Be careful what you click accept on from strangers - I know it sounds harsh to say but there are so many people out there that aim to con others out of hard earned lindens or their inventory items or even in some cases a persons RL details. I clicked a gesture I was given once and tpped to Gay World, I know people with links

What is she wearing;
Hair: Truth - Lagertha
Skin: Glam Affair - Candy Skin in America 09 (Past Arcade Item)
Face Wounds: (Forhead) REPULSE - Lobotomy, (Right Eye) Corvus - Scarred Face Tattoo,  AND, (Left Cheek) Corvus - Cheek Scars
Piercing: Cute Poison - Crave Piercing (Available now at Krave Inc Urban Fashion Fair
Necklace: Cute Poison - Tagged Necklace in Evil 
Outfit: ImmateriA - Kali in Jujube (Available now for Escape) 
Bracelet: Maxi Gossamer - Athena in Silver (Past Group Gift) 
Pose: PRETENSE - KITTY Pose 3 

1 comment:

  1. The last one you mentioned is such an important one, way too many griefers in Second Life. Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete